Gowan

"Watching your moves
They look so radical
Hearing your words
They sound fanatical
Something inside reveals you're magical
How can I get enough"

Laurence Gowan

I always liked Lawrence Gowan or just Gowan as he is known in Canada. I never realized what a good musician he is till recently when I saw him preform as lead singer and keyboardist for Styx. I went to the concert with the impression that this would be a second rate Styx and no one could replace original lead singers. What I got was one of the best shows I've seen as far as sound quality and overall listening enjoyment.



Top songs for Gowan were A Criminal Mind, (You're A) Strange Animal, and Cosmetics from the Strange Animal Album. Moonlight Desires from Great Dirty World. All The Lovers In The World
from Lost Brotherhood. When There's Time (For Love) and Dancing On My Own Ground from ...but you can call me Larry. This is by no means a complete list and I recommend listening to the albums which become increasingly sophisticated through the years.



"My criminal mind is all I
All I`ve ever had
Ask one who`s known me
If I`m really so bad... "

To be completed later.

No comments:


Canada

Over the years many great music artists have come from Canada. A country with a small population has produced a surprising amount of talent. To find out how Canada rocks read the blogs, get the music and go to a show.