Neil Young

"Hey hey, my my
Rock and roll can never die
There's more to the picture
Than meets the eye.
Hey hey, my my."

Neil YoungNeil Young Backstage Pass

Neil Young from Winnipeg, Manitoba (born Toronto Ontario) is probably the most famous singer who never really wanted to be super famous. His songwriting combined with his unique voice has made him an icon of Canadian rock. You get the sense that he is just an average guy that can't help but bleed out extreme talent. For Young it all starts with a well written story and ends with a great performance.

Neil Young Concert Ticket

Id rather be at a Neil Young Concert

Neil Young Ticket
There are volumes of information available about this artist but as usual I like to simplify the facts so new fans won't become overwhelmed with details. I'd like to concentrate mostly on songs that I like and that you might like as well. Rockin' In The Free World is my favorite song mostly because its an anthem for all rockers. The song is actually about the internal problems of the USA, saying that the country is not perfect in regards to it's strong arm government policies in the middle east and it's social programs but it is free. The song was later adopted to celebrate such things as the collapse of the Berlin wall.

Neil Young Freedom

Neil Youngs Greatest Hits
Check out this essential disc for your music collection

1. Down By The River (from Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere, 1969)
2. Cowgirl In The Sand (from Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere, 1969)
3. Cinnamon Girl (from Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere, 1969)
4. C.S.N.Y.: Helpless (from Déjà Vu, 1970)
5. After The Gold Rush (from After The Goldrush, 1970)
6. Only Love Can Break Your Heart (from After The Goldrush, 1970)
7. Southern Man (from After The Goldrush, 1970)
8. CSNY: Ohio (single, from Four Way Street, 1971)
9. The Needle and the Damage Done (from Harvest, 1972)
10. Old Man (from Harvest, 1972)
11. Heart Of Gold (from Harvest, 1972)
12. Like A Hurricane (from American Stars 'n' Bars, 1977)
13. Comes A Time (from Comes A Time, 1978)
14. Hey Hey, My My (Into The Black) (from Rust Never Sleeps, 1979)
15. Rockin' In The Free World (from Freedom, 1989)
16. Harvest Moon (from Harvest Moon, 1992)

All great songs but check out the albums as well.

Neil Young Better to Burn Out than Fade Away



"My my, hey hey
Rock and roll is here to stay
It's better to burn out
Than to fade away
My my, hey hey."

Crosby Stills Nash and Young

To Be Completed Later

No comments:


Canada

Over the years many great music artists have come from Canada. A country with a small population has produced a surprising amount of talent. To find out how Canada rocks read the blogs, get the music and go to a show.