David Wilcox

"Turn it on
Turn it up
Turn it up again"

"Some people call me a bad apple
Well I may be bruised but I still taste sweet
Some people call me a bad apple
But I may be the sweetest apple on the tree"



David Wilcox describes his music as low down rock and roll, and nothing else. Born in Montreal Quebec, Canada not to be confused with the American David Wilcox. He is more like George Thorogood than the mild looking person on the cover above.

The 1977 album Out Of The Woods was the first hit maker with Bad Apple, That Hypnotizin' Boogie, Do The Bearcat, and Hot Hot Papa. 1983 saw the album My Eyes Keep Me In Trouble with the title hit plus Riverboat Fantasy, and Downtown Came Uptown. The Grind was the highlight for me on 1984's Bad Reputation. If you're looking for the song Layin' Pipe it's on the album Breakfast At The Circus and Greatest Hits Too.



"Life for me is a riverboat fantasy
Watchin' the sun go down
A rock and roll band
With a reefer in my hand
Now look at that wheel go around"

To be completed later.

No comments:


Canada

Over the years many great music artists have come from Canada. A country with a small population has produced a surprising amount of talent. To find out how Canada rocks read the blogs, get the music and go to a show.