The Payolas

"Soon I`ll be gone then I`ll be dreaming about you
don`t get me wrong I`m only crazy without you"

The Payola$ were from Vancouver British Columbia, Canada. The Payola$ are Paul Hyde and Bob Rock.

The Best Of The Payolas

I guess it was around 1982 when the song Eyes Of A Stranger off the No Stranger To Danger Album caught my attention. Turns out there were more good songs on there like Romance. Another song from around that time was Soldier which may have been a single. I must have missed China Boys from 1979 but later on when I bought Between A Rock And A Hyde Place (Greatest Hits) It was there plus an awesome array of other music. Songs like Where is this Love, I'll Find Another (Who Can Do It Right), and Never Said I Loved You (with Carole Pope), all from the Hammer On A Drum Album. Also You're the Only Love, Here's the World for Ya, and It Must Be Love from the Paul Hyde and the Payolas Album.

The Payolas Hammer On A Drum

In 1987 The Payola$ changed their name to Rock and Hyde with an album called Under The Volcano. I have it and its pretty good as well with the highlight being Dirty Water. There's many good songs I have missed and you can let me know.

Rock and Hyde Under The Volcano

Bob Rock is also an awesome producer and engineer for bands like Metallica, Bon Jovi, Motley Crue, Aerosmith, Prism, The Cult, and an unbeleivable list of other bands.

"Never said I loved you
I only want to like you a lot"



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi, new to the site, thanks.


Canada

Over the years many great music artists have come from Canada. A country with a small population has produced a surprising amount of talent. To find out how Canada rocks read the blogs, get the music and go to a show.